Friday, September 9, 2011

s Seller Form Reply for Lower Value on Customs Form

Here is a form reply-letter I use in response to an international buyer's request to mark the Shipping Customs Form as a gift or to lie about the value of the contents so they can avoid paying taxes. I have this published so I can copy and paste it when I need it. Feel free to copy this form letter in part or whole, if you have any use for it.

Dear Buyer:
Thank you for this opportunity to serve you. I'm very happy to confirm that everything I publish is accurate and honest. I have described your item to the best of my ability, and you will receive exactly what is pictured, and I follow through on all of my terms of service- including prompt shipping, and careful packaging.
I love your country and appreciate your business. Your country uses the customs fee to pay those who carefully inspect and deliver all packages received. Your beautiful country has laws pertaining to all imported goods, and I am happy to obey your country's laws.
In keeping with the above theme, please rest assured that all custom forms are filled out accurately and honestly. I'm sorry, but I cannot mark your purchase as a gift on the Customs form. Please be wary of sellers who might agree to cheat your country, because they might also cheat you. I will do neither.
Sincerely, Seller

My Store: Polar Express Gifts

No comments:

Post a Comment