Sunday, September 11, 2011

westmoreland Della Robbia

So sad..Some gepanies are reproducing this lovely hand made crystal with
very nice kilned on luster colors.TYhey are painting the pattern with heavy
regular paint. It is so ugly. They are also getting huge prices for RARE pieces that
the gepany never made.
The reproductions are in antique stores, and estate sales. Even yard sales. Lots of it
on e=bay/
I have collected ths pattern for 60 years. I have all the cataloques listing,
this pattern from 1913 to 1960.
When westmoreland closed. Mr. Brainard sentme any cataloques they had
and a carton of the short stemmed sherbets they found in the back room.
He told me they did not sell the molds and had them destroyed,
I recently have checked e=bay and have found a lot of bad pieces
on many sites. Also I have heard from lots of people who have read my
previous guide about the pattern. One man had about 20 covered candies that
were definitely fake. Even with a fake raised mark.
If you would like a detailed quide about the pieces with pictures.
Please send me a self addressed large 8 X 11 envelope stamped. I will be happy
to give you all the info have from my collection and 45 years of intense research.
I have every piece in the dark luster they made. service for 14 in breakfast, lunch .
Dinner,. All of the serving pieces they made. including the punch bowl, tray, ..
Finger bowls and underplates, all 16 glasses. service plates, and baskets .
I love to hear from fellow collectors, Marie Weatherman and Nora from Daze Magazine
were personal friends. Both were very knowledgeable glass people and shared their
expertise with me, Please contact me. through E-Bay
I have contacted senators many times to ask that gepanies that reproduce things.
be required to add an R on the bottom f their product. Seems like a simple thing
to require. Lets start a petition Protect you collections,

No comments:

Post a Comment